Reykjavik Winter Lights Festival
With 58 beautiful and diverse projects it was a difficult task to find those we collectively deemed as outstanding. We initially planned to only offer 3 artists the travel grant but ended up with 4! Special salutations to DICE by Joohyun Park, Dongphil Yoo and Youjin Chung (US), Mountain of Light by Damien Seguin (FR), Tempest by Matt DesLaurier (CA) and Water & Light by CS Wallace, Jack Schlesinger and Nolan Filter (US).
Honorary mention to TinySpaceGame by Tomi Mäkinen (FI) which definately got the peoples choice award judging by their enthusiam playing.
This was an incredible project for us to lead and be a part of. We spent a considerable amount of time preparing a Creators Kit for artists to work with, and led a course at Iceland University of Arts where student teams would create interactive audiovisual work later presented during the festival. We were blown away by the amount of people who made it over to visit the event, and so we prepared a meetup where we got to meet and learn from each other. Thank you all who made this project a reality!
See the project video.
For the very first edition of Tiny/Massive you are invited to illuminate Harpa concert hall during Reykjavik Winter Lights Festival. We are looking for work that cultivates a meaningful connection among people or between individuals and structures. You are encouraged to draw inspiration from the architecture of Harpa and the raw nature that surrounds it. You can apply either with video content or generative / interactive / game experiences. The selected works will be displayed during the festival.
- Application deadline: 16th of December 2018, 24:00 CET
- Application form
- 3 outstanding works will be given a travel grant of 200€!
Have a look at the Creators Kit where we offer templates and more.
Read the FAQ for questions and Join our Slack
- Side: 39x9px
- Front: 38x13px
- Total resolution: 77x13px
- Frame rate: 30fps
- Sound: Optional, but highly recommended!
- Video Length: 1-5 minutes
- Video encoding: Uncompressed
- Video format: Quicktime
Generative / interactive / game
- Deliver either macOS 10.11+ executable or self-contained web app (compatible with Chrome).
- Application should run in a window, and be 77x13 pixels (excluding title bar etc) large, or a 2x, 8x, 16x etc multiple of that resolution (e.g. 616x104)
- Ideally a players session with interactive work should be around 2 minutes long, so we keep the queue moving.
We will be providing controls in a sheltered location opposite Harpa for interactive works. Check out the Creators Kit for details.
- 18.11.01 open call start
- 18.12.16 open call end (24.00 CET)
- 18.12.22 Selected works announced
- 19.02.07 Winter Lights Festival start
- 19.02.10 Winter Lights Festival end